Skip to main content

recommended resources

  -- Chatter -- 

Well, it has been a while since I've been in the office and things are settling down around here enough for me to show my face and peek in at my wonderful contacts :) I have enjoyed, however, being on Facebook regularly, keeping in touch with many of you there.

I expect to be gradually increasing office activities in a couple weeks if all goes well. Thank you for your patience in this matter and all your loving support and messages.

-- Recommended Resources -- 

http://DonorsChoose.org

This is a US-based charity organization... which I think should expand to include Canada and perhaps other nations as well. In fact if there are similar organizations I'd love to hear about them so I can share them here. ...so let me know about them, ok?

So what is special about this one? Well, what I like about it is that it was actually started by one individual with the idea of empowering public school teachers to get the materials they need to provide enriching experiences for their students. You can give whatever you can afford to any one fundraiser you see listed there - so it doesn't matter if you have $1 or $111 dollars, you can share, support and help enrich the lives of the next generation.

I just browsed a couple pages on the site to learn more about the organization before recommending it here and some examples of the fundraisers I saw involved craft projects, tours the kids want to go on, books and science or sport supplies.

It would be wonderful if this reached further to Canada, Africa, and where ever there are classrooms in need.

...  ALSO ...

I have periodically recommended this next site because it is such a valuable resource for gardeners. Seeds of Diversity is a Canadian-based charitable organization that networks with classrooms, scientists, agricultural universities, backyard gardeners, gardening businesses and gene banks across the planet. Check out the links, numerous pages of information, books and booklets available, seed suppliers, international sister organizations, and much much much more:
http://seeds.ca




...



Comments