Skip to main content

Product Review


-- Product Review --


After speaking with Kevin Kramer and Gary Kramer, of the SKLEER team, on April 15th - I received the 30 ml/1oz. container of the product (arrived April 23rd) as well as a sample puck which I intend to keep refilled and in our camping/traveling supplies. I also received an informative pamphlet.

SKLEER – Skin Conditioning Gel has all natural ingredients and does not contain any parabens, preservatives, lanolin, hydroquinone, corticosteroids, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, retinoic acid or benzoyl peroxide. According to the company information, “it contains a combination of essential oils: eucalyptus, tea tree, caraway, cinnamon and cardamom that work synergistically together to assist healing.” Interestingly, the patent pending gel is formulated to carry the healing ingredients to the lower levels of the skin, making the product more effective than it could have been without the gel.




This dermatologically approved product is housed in a recyclable paperboard container that protects the 1 oz. plastic tube with a screw top lid – both recyclable. Inside the appropriately sized box were two small pieces of polystyrene foam, helping to further protect the hard cap from cracking or breaking during transit.  The tube had a tiny safety seal covering the hole where the product comes out, which impressed me as there is so little waste with this product. It was not tested on animals, and is best kept at temperatures below 77˚F.  SKLEER is actually developed by an international medical and pharmaceutical research organization (Maxitrade PTY. Ltd.) manufactured in South Africa, and marketed in the US by Acatac Inc. (Los Angeles, CA).

The product looks and feels like a hazy-white creamy gel and definitely smells like natural medicine – I could detect the tea tree and cinnamon scent right away. My husband Dave has had issues with painful cracks in the tips of his fingers from working on projects around the house that really dry out the hands – like cement and drywall and mudding. He found that for his hands it worked really well, healing even the deepest cracks on his thumbs. He found it soaked in very fast, didn’t feel greasy or have any residual on the skin afterwards – like some dry skin healing lotions. I haven’t the same problem as Dave, and so the first time I tried it I found it did soak in quickly, but there was a sort of tacky feeling on my dry finger tips for a couple minutes. However I did find that once the tackiness dissipated, I was left with very soft feeling fingers. A few days later I tried again after drying out my hands doing garden work – and this time it absorbed so quickly… like in seconds. Days later still, I burned my arm on the oven (like an idiot) and that thing itched like crazy as it healed… so I tried this gel on after reading it was also good for burns, and it instantly stopped itching and feeling irritated.

The pamphlet I received states that the product can be used to smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles, even skin tone and can naturally treat both acne and dry skin types. It can heal itchy skin, eczema, rashes, insect bites and minor burns and abrasions, eases hives and sunburn and more. This stuff is reportedly so safe you can use it on babies and toddlers.

Check out the list of ingredients: water, alcohol denat, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, hydromane, cardamom oil, caraway oil, cinnamon oil, glycerine, carbomer, propylene glycol, 2-phenoxyethanol, and sorbitan monoctanoate.

SKLEER sells on Amazon.com for 19.99 (US) and sadly is not listed yet on Amazon.ca – I hope they’ll have it there soon. However, if you scroll down the Amazon.com page you’ll notice that they have wonderful reviews.

This is definitely something that I feel anyone would want to have in a first aide cupboard and travel/camping supplies. I certainly will.



Find Dave and Lillian Brummet at: http://brummet.ca
  * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!
 
 

Comments