Skip to main content

Literacy, Writing



-- Quote of the Day -- 


 “Every day 4 thousand boomers join the ranks of more than 100 million grandparents in the US, grandparents care on a regular basis for about 33% of children under 5 while their mothers are working, 6 % are raising a grand child. …The importance of starting when they are very young is that you are reading aloud to this child, holding the child on your lap… so it creates a sense of intimacy and wellbeing - it becomes a learning experience. …Get down on their level, be actively involved in the story. …Let older children pick the book and then have a discussion about it; so now I’m engaging in an intellectual discussion – it gets her thinking about creative writing, literacy reading, expanding her vocabulary… With today’s technology we have really run out of excuses for not being involved in our grandchildren’s lives. …If you start young and maintain that relationship, when they get to those difficult teenage years hopefully you still have a good enough relationship that they can share some difficult things that they couldn’t share with anyone else and this can be potentially life-saving.”  

~ Nancy Gebhardt


Today’s quote originates from the Conscious Discussions Talk Radio episode that aired back on Nov 15 … titled: Family Literacy




 (*Click on the title to access the full discussion)





-- Brummet's In the Media -- 


Drop in to check out my interview scheduled for publication on http://samanthaholtauthor.blogspot.co.uk
Samantha asks me questions about my experiences in the world of writing, my routine in the office, what I learned from writing my books, things I've found challenging over the years, my favorite quotes, and more. I hope you enjoy the interview... and if you do like it, please do feel free to click on those social networking buttons on the bottom of today's post on her blog to share it with your connections. Feel free to also leave a comment on her blog, or here on this blog. :)





  -- Award Nomination --


I've been placed as one of the contestants for an award honoring my work as a radio host and blogger and for doing my best to make the world a better place... I hope you have a chance to check it out and possibly vote for me :

Use the link below or look for the banner on the upper left side bar.


http://shortyawards.com/Brummet 

 


Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!

Comments