Skip to main content

Music affecting waste management and families



 -- Quote of the Day -- 

“…I learned that I could do more then I thought – Whenever there was a hurtle, I just always found the answer in time. …One of the things I was wondering about was how I would go about going through my editors proofreading because they had a lot of marks they would use like strike-through’s and different colored fonts – but when I got to that point I did a little research and found that my screen reader can be set in such a way that it would identify all that. It taught me to go for your dreams, don’t let anything stand in your way if you really feel that you should do something.  …Try to have a positive attitude, and go for your dream. If there is any disability that you are going to be around, educate yourself about the disability, most people don’t mind answering questions in fact we welcome the opportunity to teach you more about the disability.”

~ Konnie Ellis


Today’s quote originates from the Conscious Discussions Talk Radio episode that aired back on … titled: Music Bonding Families


 (*Click on the title to access the full discussion)


-- Positive News -- 

 
The topic today - music - offers me a chance to share two links to some amazing, uplifting ways of using music to affect waste issues:

A  mini-documentary about a small community built basically on a landfill. The people living there make an income from the trash they recycle and reuse – but this video shows how a music program and performing orchestra was created from the waste found in the landfill. An amazing, uplifting video that will have you thinking again about the “waste” in our world.


-
 
This next link was sent to me from a member of the ZeroWaste San Diego group and will take you to “a 2 minute music video was created by one of the students going through the Recycling & Resource Management program at Santa Monica College.”

 

Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!
 
 
 

Comments