Skip to main content

World of Writing



-- Quote of the Day -- 

" A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write  - if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What one can be, one must be."

Abraham Maslow



-- World of Writing --

Today we have a very special guest appearing on the blog to offer information on his greatest aspirations and continuing to grow as a writer.

Shout out to: Megan Renart, publicist with PR By the Book, for sending a query our way for her client – GJ Reynolds.

GJ Reynolds, also known simply as “G,” is a passionate entrepreneur, business developer, trainer, public speaker, former U.S. soldier, and author. Reynolds’s mission is teaching people how to elevate their lives, health, and prosperity. G specializes in working with like-minded entrepreneurs and professionals who choose to raise the bar. In his debut book - The Playful and Powerful Warrior within YOU! – we find a journey of deep depression and suicidal thoughts to living a playful, powerful. His goal is to evoke lasting life changes, bringing readers one step closer to being empowered to live their goals, dreams, and aspirations. A passionate entrepreneur, business developer, and public speaker who dedicates his life to helping others improve their health and prosperity, G shares his tips for life success and his personal story, which was riddled with setbacks and a dangerous depression. During his darkest moment, he contemplated suicide until he remembered his reason for living: helping others and showing them how to climb out of darkness. For information visit: www.powerfulwarrior.com

Q: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  

Like most children, I often looked forward at becoming a super hero.  I remember when a brand new show came on.  It highlighted the two caped crusaders of Batman and Robin.  I loved to see how each and every adventure Batman had a new gadget from his tool belt or "Bat Belt".  His super powers were that of using his brains and having the cool gadgets to overcome each and every obstacle.  So for me, I wanted to be Batman when I grew up!

Q: How would a good friend describe you?  

Most of my friends I have know for over five years.  Many of these relationships started out first as a working relationship and then into a friendship.  Most would describe me as self driven, self motivated, caring, trustworthy and passionate.  "When focused GJ is able to accomplish his objectives."  --This is how my friends would describe me. 

Q: What are your long-range and short-range goals and objectives?

It became clear for me ten years ago what my long term goals in life are now. Over the past ten years, I have gone through a major transformation.  I have realized what makes me tick and what is truly important in me living a happy, whole and balanced life.  In knowing this, I have created my long range goals into assisting millions of people world wide in transforming their life, health and prosperity.  My short range goals are to continue to market my book - The Playful and Powerful Warrior within YOU! - and to assist others in being healthy with our 90 day challenge.

Q: How do you plan to accomplish your goals?  

I have always been a consistent goal setter.  I have realized the starting point for all achievement is desire. Strong desires are the catalyst to produce more intense and sustained action.  Determining a course of action and establishing a timetable for achievement are essential ingredients in planning.  Also having belief and the ability to have absolute faith and conviction that my goals, and planning will be conceived, I will be able to achieve in assisting one person at a time!

Q: How do you determine or evaluate success?  

Since I was a young boy, both Coach Dale Brown and Coach John Wooden have been tremendous influences on me.  They have done the best job in showing and teaching me what true success is all about.

Coach John Wooden said it best:

 “Success is peace of mind that can be obtained from the self satisfaction of knowing that I have made the effort to do the very best of which I am capable.

Q: What inspires you? 

I receive personal inspiration when I rise up from a certain place in life and choose to overcome whatever obstacle(s) I may face.  Let’s face it, struggles are necessary. They are God’s way of allowing us to expand, develop, progress, and become stronger.  Warriors persevere. Warriors have the ability to change their circumstances in life. Warriors have always known persistence and perseverance are key ingredients in success.

Q: What is your greatest life lesson?

Each and every day is a gift and I have the opportunity  to choose how I live it. The only things I am able to control are my thoughts, words, and actions. I determine how I respond to challenges, difficulties, and setbacks. The good news is that every time I respond in a positive and constructive manner, I become stronger and more knowledgeable.  I am more capable of  dealing with the next situation, challenge, difficulty, or setback that comes along. Whatever the obstacle put in my path, I am able to recognize or find a way to go over it, under it, around it, through it, or simply just let it be.

Q: How do you put that into practice? 

 I understand each day is a new opportunity for choice and to re-start if necessary.  Doing my best and giving my best effort is the best I am able to do.  In the event I do something and realize after wards that I could do better, then I am always able to choose again. In most cases, I may require practice, practice, and more practice before I am operating at my best. 

Q: What is your contribution to society?  

There is only one kind of life that truly wins: one that has major impact on others in a positive way.  I have personally witnessed the power of leaving a legacy. My parents’ current living legacy has shown me how to live a productive and purpose-driven life. They have always encouraged me to be all that I could be and am and to live a life with purpose. Their positive encouragement to be my best and go after what honors me has assisted me in being able to go after my goals, dreams, and aspirations with purpose  I choose to live a life with purpose that positively impacts millions of people.  

Q: Do you have any suggestions to help others become a better writer? 

One of the most powerful things you are able to do is share your story. Love it, live it, and share it.  Sharing your personal story will have impact on at least one other human being.   Share your story! 





Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio program, newsletter, blogs, and more at: www.brummet.ca

* Support the Brummets by telling your friends, sharing on Social Networking sites, and visiting the Brummet's Store 
...every dollar spent at the store raises funds for charity as well!


Comments