Skip to main content

Gardens & Writing


-- Quote of the Day -- 



Healing gardens in hospital (situations) has become a passion for me, but so is my own garden. When I am tired or don’t want to work on the computer I’ll think ‘oh, I’ll just go outside in the garden and see what there is to do’ …and you go out to do one thing, and then you see something else, and then something else and before you know it a moment has turned into a half hour! – but you just come back so refreshed. …As a child we had been evacuated (due to the war) …and I found solace in nature – climbing trees and exploring – but also I was taught to garden and from the age of 8 on I was growing vegetables for the family. …I found gardening was something I could do to help, and this set me up for a lifetime of loving gardening.” 

~ Clare Marcus

Today's quote originates from the Nature’s Healing Power interview that aired back on Nov 30 on the Conscious Discussions Talk Radio show. Access the archive via the hyper-linked show title (above) or look to the side-bars on this blog for more recently aired episodes.



-- Brummets in the Media --

I am thrilled to announce that one of my articles - How To Prepare for a Book Release - was picked up by the Author Exchange Blog, which is managed by Linda Faulkner as a "place for authors and other people in the publishing world to strut their stuff". The article, How to Prepare for a Book Release, was published today at:  http://www.lindamfaulknertips.blogspot.com

Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio program, newsletter, blogs, and more at: www.brummet.ca 
* Support the Brummets by telling your friends, or visiting the Brummet's Store - every sale raises funds for charity as well!

Comments