Skip to main content

Writing & Conscious Events

 -- Quote of the Day --

 
I was a teacher for 35 years and I did write quite a few articles for teachers magazines, and they were published… So I did write, and you know – you put things aside, and I even trashed a lot of it, but kept some of it. …Writing has always appealed to me and I don’t always feel comfortable with it – there are times where you have writer’s block and you go on to other things, … it begins with journalling, and I love it. I find that a lot of times with what I am journalling ideas for articles or blogging comes out of it. …it really has helped me come to terms not only with myself, but with my past.”   

Chloe JonPaul ~ July 1 2010

Today's quote originates from an interview with Chloe on the Conscious Discussions Talk Radio show back on July 1, 2010 - titled:  Volunteering; Conflict Resolution. *Find recently aired episodes via the sidebars on this blog.



-- Brummets in the Media --

Join me today on the TJ Walker Interactive Radio Show for a 10 Min interview on the topic: Social networking/blogging and how this can be used to drive traffic to your website where you have the call-to-action
Time: 12:20 (Pacific) 
Location: www.tjwalker.com/live  
Note: There will be a live chat room available


-- Conscious Events --

The Compost Council of Canada's Annual Convention, located at the Crowne Plaza in Ottawa (ON, Canada) is concluding its events today. Info: www.compost.org

This Saturday, Sept 25, marks the end of Deaf Awareness Week activities. Info: www.nad.org

Today is National Punctuation Day (USA) info at: www.nationalpunctuationday.com


-- Used Books --

I'm just getting a big stack of books ready for our next donation installment to the Grand Forks and West Boundary Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy organization and I was reminded about an article I read recently from the Japan For Sustainability Newsletter (www.japanfs.org):

According to the article a non-profit organization known as Sodateage Net (meaning 'Education Network') launched a book donation project as a way of supporting "self-reliance and employment for young people. In cooperation with Value Books, a used book online wholesaler, donated books are sold and the proceeds assist unemployed young people." The project offers numerous programs including experienced-based job training  (a.k.a. On the Job Training).



Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio program, newsletter, blogs, and more at: www.brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, or purchasing a book - each book sold raises funds for charity as well!

Comments