Skip to main content

World of Writing


-- Writer Interview # 14 -- 

Lily Oak: the creator of www.hedge-witchery.com and run Hedge Witchery Books. Her current projects include a first full length fiction as well as shorter creative peices and pagan articles for various sites and e-zines. I also contributed to and published 'Hope Moon' a charity book for Haiti.

Q. What is your idea of happiness?

Lot's of things... usually depending on my mood at the time. There are however a few things that I find bliss incarnate! The first sip of tea in the morning. Absolute silence... but not for too long. The smell of rain. Fat, green, stone-left-in olives. 

Q. Are you doing what you really want to do in life?

Not entirley, but I'm heading in that direction. A lot of people say the real joy is in the journey, and I think they are probably right.

Q. In your career as a writer - what do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?

I think my strength is setting a scene, creating a mood, painting a picture with words. My weakness is changing my mind about what way the plot's going eleven-ty million times!

Q. What are some of your favorite websites for writers?

My favorite one specifically for writers in Authors Supporting Authors ning network, but I tend to hang round websites specific to what I'm writing at the time. I often hang round silently in chat rooms watching the inter play, it's good inspiration when you have lot's of dialouge to write.

Q. What are some of the tools you use for marketing?

Mainly social networking, but as I'm now launching a small publishing and author promotion venture I'm talking to magazine editors, book blogger's and reviewers and podcasters.

Q. Are you satisfied with your experiences as a published author? 

I started as a self published writer, and then decided to start Hedge Witchery Books. So, I guess I'm still self published! The problem with self-publishing is what to do when you've finished the book. How to do promotion. I learn't the hard way, with lot's of trial and error. That's the reason I decided to start Hedge Witchery Books, put what I'd learnt to some good use.


Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows and free resources and more at: www.brummet.ca



Comments