Skip to main content

Hear Lillian reading poetry!!!


-- Authors Read --


Today's guest on Authors Read was unable to attend for some unforeseen reason. Instead, I read from my book - Towards Understanding - and played a song that was based on a poem from that book by the band - Grooveyard . The poems I read today depicted a nightmare I had about a child that was falling and crying out for rescue but no matter what I did I couldn't reach her... then as she faded from view I realized the child was me. Another poem I shared today was written at a time when I truly understood that the healing process had begun and I would one day be able to leave the pain of an abusive childhood behind. I also shared a poem about deciding to live; rather than waiting to die and feeling shame because I didn't have the guts to end my life. The final poem that I read today was written an attempt to express the feelings of being separated from life of feeling insignificant, that many people with inner issues experience when dealing with society.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy today's reading on the Authors Read radio show. To access the archive of today's broadcast simply click on the hyper-linked show title here in the blog or look to the right of this screen for the link to the radio program... either of these will get you there. Alternatively, click on the image below:

Listen to Authors Read on internet talk radio


Find Dave & Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio shows & free resources & articles at www.brummet.ca

Comments